In the afternoon Brenda, Aude and I went with Rocio, a lady who works as a project consultant for the mayor's office, to the Río Surutú. I have gone to the river three times already, but this time we went to a different part, near a community called El Cairo. The drive was serious 4WD material, with muddy roads due to recent rainfall and I was holding on to my seat so tightly that Brenda could not stop laughing for most of the ride. When we arrived at the river, we saw that it was mostly just mud, the water was shallow and muddy and Brenda almost lost her flip flop. Despite the sub-par water, it was a lovely beach and we had a good time looking around.
07 August 2008
Día de Independencia
In the afternoon Brenda, Aude and I went with Rocio, a lady who works as a project consultant for the mayor's office, to the Río Surutú. I have gone to the river three times already, but this time we went to a different part, near a community called El Cairo. The drive was serious 4WD material, with muddy roads due to recent rainfall and I was holding on to my seat so tightly that Brenda could not stop laughing for most of the ride. When we arrived at the river, we saw that it was mostly just mud, the water was shallow and muddy and Brenda almost lost her flip flop. Despite the sub-par water, it was a lovely beach and we had a good time looking around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha, I love your IRPS pose. Way to advertise our school! I actually spoke to a hoard to Chinese students a few weeks ago, and plugged our program like crazy. I'm a little pissed though - I sent my picture and blurb to Globetrotters ages ago, and they still haven't included me. Just more evidence that IRPS is actively biased against politics. I went to a big river in PA with my grandparents a few weeks ago, and I actually went water skiing! I hurt SO BAD the next day. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. How come you didn't get to march in the parade?
Post a Comment