29 July 2011

Growing Pichacha

Not too much to write about in this blog, I have a dog who lives with a friend so I get to go play with her and not worry about cleaning up her poop. My dog’s name is Pichacha, she likes to bite and cuddle (in that order, and often at the same time). But first, a few non-sequitors. I think I mentioned a year ago that May brings Zompopos or Chequenes – the big flying ants that come out of the trees during the start of the rainy season that people like to grub on. Last year, I was a trooper and ate a few, and this year, I ate even more, so here are some photos of an unsung Guatemalan culinary delight.

Eating Zompopos/Chequenes

Close up

And now, some dated but super cute photos of my growing dog

Pichacha and Beethoven

Pichacha
About to try and bite Devora

Biting time

Getting her chew on
Just chewed on Beethoven’s tail

With Harry, Devora, and a Cappuccino chocolate bar (appropriate I think)

End of July photo, she has been put on a leash to prevent running after cars in the street
Happy to hang

Splendor in the grass - weighing in at 12 lbs!

No comments: